Pink and Black Texture Problem

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
There cubemaps in the map

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Yes. If you want to. I can give you screen shot of the cubemaps.

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
My map is mostly black and pink textures were the textures from the Autumnal Content Pack. I have repacked my map. https://tf2maps.net/threads/repacking-your-maps.24822/
The thread you have linked is for repacking maps, not packing maps.

Packing maps refers to packing the custom assets into a bsp so they show up in game, while repacking maps refers to compressing them in order to reduce the overall filesize of the map (repacking doesnt pack the assets into the bsp)

In order to pack the assets into your map I would recommend a tool such as compilepal or VIDE

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Capturecube1.PNG Capturecube2.PNG Capturecube3.PNG Capturecube8.PNG Capturecube5.PNG Capturecube6.PNG Capturecube11.PNG Capturecube12.PNG Capturecube13.PNG Capturecube14.PNG Capturecube15.PNG Capturecube16.PNG Capturecube17.PNG

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
The thread you have linked is for repacking maps, not packing maps.

Packing maps refers to packing the custom assets into a bsp so they show up in game, while repacking maps refers to compressing them in order to reduce the overall filesize of the map (repacking doesnt pack the assets into the bsp)

In order to pack the assets into your map I would recommend a tool such as compilepal or VIDE
I downloaded Compilepal. Do you repack first or compilepal first?

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Placing cubemaps in the level is not all you need to do. As others have stated, you need to actually build the reflections.
The pictures are now missing, but the guide is still accurate. - https://tf2maps.net/threads/cubemaps-what-and-how.4530/

That said, you never actually said if it was due to missing reflections. Can you tell us the names of the textures your using, and provide screenshots of them in game please?

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
What I always do, to avoid this sort of mishap, is save cubemaps until the map is fully detailed. If there are absolutely zero env_cubemap entities in the map, you won't get an annoying purple cubemap when you don't build them. The cubemaps will still be broken, but it will be far less noticeable without the checkerboard everywhere.