pikes_peak

MildlyMad

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2009
"Take the triggered intel into the enemy base, destroying key features as you go! But don't let the same happen to you!"

Blu/Red's spawns exit in the center area, where each team has to push forward to destroy key areas. But - each team has their own intel to take, so your own defences can be comprimised!
Ignore the poor texturing and lighting, I hope to get some gameplay changes done first so I can add the detail later, without deleting large sections.

Anda02

L1: Registered
May 30, 2009
I like the idea behind it its kind of neat. Alright here I go...

I don't really like how the intels are that close to the A sites of each side. If you get a good scout, you can knock down A very quickly.

It took me a sec to figure out where C was as it wasn't clearly marked in the map until you actually entered B.

I don't really think that the A+B+C things with instant "captures" is going to work out well. I do see the attempt to make sure one team isn't totally steam rolled with the varying locations of the intel drop points, but they are still soooo close together.

Ok so now for good stuff lol

I love the detail on the drop points, it looks very nice.

I think it will look nice in an alpine setting which you already doing anyway :)

I think this map has the potentially for many gameplay styles, as long as there is stalemate at A, then it becomes a close quarters afterward.

Overall good map ;)

MildlyMad

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2009
We had a playtest, and the main problem that arose was the lack of signs, I will fix this. Another problem was that 1 spawn exit, caused people at the start to wander into their own base.

However, the instant captures work well, once a single sentry is put up, the capture area is hard to reach (mostly C and D). Overall people liked it, and I shall continue improving it as more feedback comes :D.