Pier

Lockhart

L2: Junior Member
Sep 1, 2009
Released for testing! Let me know if you put it up somewhere, and how it went. Videos are great, also take a peek if you wish. This will be the first map I've gotten this far, so I want to keep it solid.

Last edited:

Firest0rm

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 27, 2009
I really dislike the ground texture you used in screenshots 3 and 4. it would look fine in small amounts, but that over and over and over makes my eyes hurt. Also, it looks like you really need to build cubemaps. i can see purple and black checkers in screenshots 2 4 and 5.

Lockhart

Sep 1, 2009
I really dislike the ground texture you used in screenshots 3 and 4. it would look fine in small amounts, but that over and over and over makes my eyes hurt. Also, it looks like you really need to build cubemaps. i can see purple and black checkers in screenshots 2 4 and 5.

I personally like the leaves, but yes they will change later.

I built cubemaps but when I rehosted the map the water stayed purple so I just took pictures.

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
perhaps make the leaves a blend texture, that would probably look really nice

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Add a light environment. I believe the swamp pack includes a few in the prefabs that are set for the skyboxes included. This will make things look a lot nicer already, as all-bright is never pretty...

As for the ground texture, it does seem a bit bright, and it would be a bit odd that the entire ground would be covered with leaves. Change it to small displacement patches that line the ground in piles.

Lockhart

Sep 1, 2009
I tried to copy the skybox prefab over from the swamp harvest pack and failed. Any good tips out there for it?

Also, the ground is less leavy, as soon as I get the skybox updated I'll place down health and ammo and take a few more shots.

I also am not sure what to do with the sea outside the skybox, as players need to see a lot of water and yet take less of a hit on FPS.

Lockhart

Sep 1, 2009
Updated screenshots.

Plans:
Add a night sky
Lights
Somehow extend the ocean by the pier using skybox
Health/Ammo
Test!

Lockhart

Sep 1, 2009
Alpha version 1 is released, with some more up-to-date screenshots.

Feedback/Testing is welcome! Let me know how it goes/is!

Lockhart

Sep 1, 2009
Am I allowed a gameday bump? (Too late :eek:hmy:)

Okay gameday result:
Fail cubemaps
Fail swamp props
Raise spawn rooms
Redirect teams towards CP more
Limit building placement
Add some playerclips

Will fix for next version, and add some more paths for players to reach the point. The test was really useful, even though it was short :)

Last edited:

SPHinx

Aug 29, 2009
Okay gameday result:
Fail cubemaps
Fail swamp props
Raise spawn rooms
Redirect teams towards CP more
Limit building placement
Add some playerclips

Yeah, that pretty much covered it. I will add though that I thought the area around the cap point (the pier, the water, and that elevated building facing it) was a lot of fun.

Lockhart

Sep 1, 2009
Updated screenshots, big changes to layout are finished. I've just got one pair of faulty doors and a few minor details before the next test.