Pick-up truck tex not showing on server

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Sgt Frag, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    I used the pick-up truck in my snipe map. Both the red and blu versions.

Someone put this up on their server for playtime and posted a few pics at fps banana for me on missing textures.

Oddly enough the blu truck is messed up, don't think the red was, not sure though.
    [​IMG]

Any idea what would cause this? Not sure which of the trucks uses skin_0 or skin_1, but these are stock valve skins/tex. All I did was place the truck and it shows just fine on my computer in game.

Also, why are the tires shiny with specular after I built cubemaps? I've seen this in other maps too (switchback specifically)

2. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Anything that looks that radioactive is probably an HDR issue. if you used an info_lighting entity, then move it out of the bright area. If you didn't use one, then make one and put it in a not so bright area. (actually, if your making one, use a path track instead of the info_lighting entity, as that will work)

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Cubemap problem, either you haven't built them properly or don't have them at all.

4. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, I'll try the info_lighting thing. What's the diff between that and a path track?

There are some bright lights near that truck.

The cube maps seem to work fine in my sniper scope. But that's on my machine, I can't figure out how to test on a server. Biggest pain in the butt with TF2 I guess.

OK, figured out to run it through a server, now I see the truck like that. My sniper scopr shows the hydro sky cubemap, guess I gotta figure out how to include cubemaps...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  5. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    For some reason, using the "Info_lighting" entity does not work in tf2. use the path track in its place.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    That might be the prob. Fixed a few things up, placed a info_lighting. Compiled, went to run cubemaps and getting strange lock-ups where I couldn't get to console. Will try the other.

OK, path_track seemed to work better. Might need better placement but did a quick check without HDR and cubemaps built with no lock-up. Truck is still shiny (wheels have spec) but it's not atomic :)
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  7. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Any particular reason for path_track? Would info_target not work just as well?