Phantom

ARENA Phantom B3

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
Phantom - What could be spookier than everyones favourite gamemode, arena, brought back from the grave!

A Halloween arena map with a spooky twist. If neither team wins after 60 seconds, portals open, leading players to an underworld where they can capture a control point to win the round

Screenshots:
00.png
01.png
02.png
03.png
04.png
05.png
07.png
08.png
06.png

Last edited:

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
That mid would make an awesome mid for KOTH. I thought it was KOTH on first glance and thought that pyramid roof was a brilliant idea!

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
Changelog for version A2

- The entire theme has been changed to better fit the changes to the layout of the map, which I think overall will be beneficial to the gameplay of the map

- Renamed the map from Silo to Phantom, this will probably become an event version, and silo will return later as a separate map

Now onto some actual changes:
arena_phantom_a20006.jpg

The middle roof has been changed to better allow combat, with a tower in the middle to block sightlines, as well as give another entry point into the building

arena_phantom_a20007.jpg

The right shack structure has been made smaller and lower, letting jumping classes get on top of it

arena_phantom_a20008.jpg

The left area which previously had the container, is now a cliff with a death pit, as well as a small health kit placed on a risky platform

arena_phantom_a20009.jpg

The middle building that houses the control point can now no longer be accessed until the point unlocks

arena_phantom_a20010.jpg

The large buildings next to the spawns have been redesigned, removing the drop down exit and making the other exits more equally viable. The large windows have also been removed, reducing the large sightlines that existed across the map.

arena_phantom_a20011.jpg

A small rock structure has been added to the yard area outside of the control point house to give the area a bit more height variation, as well as provide cover for the main entrances to the control point

arena_phantom_a20012.jpg

A small shack has been added to the side routes to block sitelines and add variation to combat

arena_phantom_a20013.jpg

The bridge connecting the buildings has been changed, and a new roof added to allow more space for combat, and provide cover to players exiting from the lower door

Read the rest of this update entry...

P

Prosciutto

it's probably an alpha thing and it will probably be changed but why isn't there like a night time skybox?

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
Changelog for version A3

arena_phantom_a30015.jpg

Lighting has been changed from day to night, this shouldnt hurt visibility but please let me know if it does

arena_phantom_a30016.jpg

The gamemode has been tweaked, now instead of a control point unlocking after 60 seconds, portals will open around the map. As such the middle point has been replaced with a death pit, which a portal will appear in

arena_phantom_a30017.jpg

The portals lead players into an underworld where the control point is located, upon entering the underworld players will have their health regenerated. As with normal arena, players can still win by either killing the enemy team or capturing the control point

arena_phantom_a30019.jpg

This building can now be accessed and used as cover, and the medium ammo has been moved inside it. This shack also houses a portal which leads to a similar location in the underworld

arena_phantom_a30018.jpg

More signs and markers have been added around the map to guide players, as well as overlays to indicate where portals open

arena_phantom_a30020.jpg

Pumpkins have also been added. How spooky

Bunker Junker

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2017
The map runs and looks great so far, good work, although I'll miss the old Silo version.

I did noticed there is a window on one side, but not on the other. I know it's nitpicking but just letting you know. :^P

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 150
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 167

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
the map looks really cool bro!
i am very excited on seeing it in action.
(not sure if this would work) how about a koth version of this map?

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
i downloaded the map and ran around for a bit, and for this i have to say the follows :
20170926144126_1.jpg
i this here you shoud add an invisible clip brush because i can get caught on this window very easily.

20170926144238_1.jpg

this place right here is too dark in my opinion. keep the darkness to some areas but don't make them too dark - if that makes sense :p

20170926144251_1.jpg
well, this one is a very minor thing but this pumkin is too bright.

20170926144332_1.jpg

nice particlues for the underworld :p

20170926144351_1.jpg
small clipping issue. and also about this area , i am not sure if thats a good idea but i was thinking maybe make the scout able to jump from this coffin to a small ledge and then up to the small floor above him.

20170926144419_1.jpg
the portal looks really cool but i have a small complain about it. when i first got here i thought that i could jump to a portal and then maybe go back to the overworld but as a result i jumped to my death.
maybe make the player not able to walk through the portal or something just to avoid these complains or something.

Conclusion: In my personal opinion i think the map is pretty good! it has some great ideas put on it and i am really excited to see how it plays and stuff. the main building which the portal appears when the clock ticks is really cool and very well thought , especially how you treated it on underworld.
thats my opinion about my map and some feedback for you. i hope i helped you a bit.
good luck with the map ;)

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
Map is brighter, filesize is smaller, but most importantly spookyness has been increased!

-Swapped out ground textures and trees for more typical halloween sorta stuff, im not sure if I like it more or not.

-A new route has been added to the underworld to allow players entering from the portals in the buildings to access the roof level

-3D skybox improvements

-More detail

-Clipping fixes

-Other minor bug fixes and tweaks

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015