pending rename

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterNine

L1: Registered
Dec 28, 2009
KotH: Stockpile
RED and BLU battle for control of a warehouse filled with supplies.

About the Map
This is my first map for TF2 though I run a server and have played for 2 years. It took me about four days, working every waking moment to complete the first alpha. I knew better than to try something complex, so it's a basic indoor map focused on providing solid gameplay for all classes. There is a nav file included in the zip. The nav file will be consistently updated alongside the map. Feedback please!

What Remains
  • Tons of detailing.
  • Lots of work on lighting.
  • Add a soundscape.
  • Various changes via player feedback.
  • Optimization.
  • Tons of work on shadows.

Design Notes
  • TF2 isn't a dark game but the ducts are dark by design.
  • One of my goals is to keep the file size as small as possible.
  • I'm currently in the process of teaching the bots to use the ducts.

Also, my map is not to be confused with CTF: Stockpile by Mr. Hanz, which can be found right here.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
While this can be a matter of author-to-author respect, it goes beyond that to being an issue of what the players at large encounter. People have long been accustomed to a map name defining the map regardless of the prefix tacked onto it.

arena_sawmill, koth_sawmill, ctf_sawmill
pl_waste, cp_waste, koth_waste, arena_waste
cp_well, ctf_well, arena_well

If someone has played either ctf_stockpile or koth_stockpile and enjoyed it, when they see the other prefix they will immediately think "oh that map, I like it, I'll check out the other mode" except when they do they will be disappointed to find it is an entirely different map.

That's not to downplay the respect issue. It's one thing when two people inadvertently pick the same name without knowing it, and one may or may not opt to change. However it's pretty rude to intentionally pick a name that someone else has been using for a month when you start a map.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
there's a sense of common courtesy when it comes to naming maps. YOU DO NOT use a name that is already being used, even if it is a different game type.

closed. pm me if you wish to rename it, and i will re open the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.