PD capture zones won't work.

That's the plan

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2018
The max score for my player destruction map won't update, and I'm not sure why. The triggers has the commands set to "oncapteam1/2", "pd_logic", "score red/bluepoints", but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:

nᵗʰSonata

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
The command should be "OnCapTeam[1/2]_PD", not just "OnCapTeam[1/2]". Also make sure that the score input doesn't have a space in it, and that the func_capturezones have the "capture_delay", "capture_delay_offset", and "shouldBlock" keyvalues set (you'll need to disable SmartEdit to add these). Also, I don't know if this is required, but when I made my PD map I had two capture zones overlapped, one with just the Red output and one with just the Blue

nᵗʰSonata

aa
Jun 11, 2015
"Score[Red/Blue]Points" has no parameter override
upload_2019-3-29_17-45-30.png

nᵗʰSonata

aa
Jun 11, 2015
OH if you mean max score and not just, score in general, then you need to have something enable that by sending your tf_logic_player_destruction the input "EnableMaxScoreUpdating", and then disable it by targeting the same entity with the input "DisableMaxScoreUpdating". The prefered method of doing this is using a logic_auto with the output "OnMultiNewRound" enabling max score updating, and then disabling it after 30 seconds, which already exists in the prefab just to the west (left) of the tf_logic_player_destruction

That's the plan

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2018
OH if you mean max score and not just, score in general, then you need to have something enable that by sending your tf_logic_player_destruction the input "EnableMaxScoreUpdating", and then disable it by targeting the same entity with the input "DisableMaxScoreUpdating". The prefered method of doing this is using a logic_auto with the output "OnMultiNewRound" enabling max score updating, and then disabling it after 30 seconds, which already exists in the prefab just to the west (left) of the tf_logic_player_destruction
If I set the capture triggers to enable/disable when the counter starts ,can I just leave max score updating on for the entire round?

nᵗʰSonata

aa
Jun 11, 2015
Max scored is the total number of points required to win. When it's enabled to be updated it sets the max score to the current number of players multiplied by the "Points Per Player" keyvalue. Most maps only enable updating in the first 30 seconds, and people would probably complain otherwise. If you just mean the general score and not the max score, then disregard that. You're making it very hard to tell what you're talking about. At this point you may as well post a copy of your logic