PC Failure. halp pls?

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
K, my PC has just failed. It went all blue screen on me. Ive launched startup repair, went through it twice. It only loads up to just after the microsoft loading bar and loads onto a black screen with a moveable mouse.

specs:
Intel Duo Core Processor @ 2.23 Ghz
Nvidia 8500 GT 1GB
7Gb RAM
Vista Premium

anyone able to halp? Ill call the tech guys on monday, but I have a long wait til then, so If anyone could help me I would be grateful :D

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
the standard thing in this situation would be for you to explain exactly what you were doing before this, namely if you installed anything recently, any new driver updates for example

Basically if it blue screens and will not reboot you have several options, the startup repair, open up safe mode and fix whatever you broke, try a restore point.

Or...you can pop your hard drive into someone elses computer, recover your data from their operating system and reformat. (Note could also use a linux live disc and external hard drive)

So...yeah...fixing in safe mode is the next step in my opinion.

Jimmy

Jul 6, 2009
I was dwlding haarp_b1 while joining tf2maps EU server. I accidentally pressed SHIFT + ` and then KABOOM!

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
You can hit F8 during windows' startup to get a menu that lets you choose "Safe Mode". From there it is possible to try to diagnose and fix the problem, such as by looking at the Event Log. (START -> Run -> "eventvwr")

Jimmy

Jul 6, 2009
You can hit F8 during windows' startup to get a menu that lets you choose "Safe Mode". From there it is possible to try to diagnose and fix the problem, such as by looking at the Event Log. (START -> Run -> "eventvwr")

already tried running in safe mode, just done the same thing. :|

Cameron:D

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 28, 2008
I'd say your RAM has died (Or 1 stick)
So take them all out and keep putting them back in one by one until it dies, then that could be your faulty stick.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
If you suspect it's your RAM, you can download Memtest86+ and burn it to a CD. Then boot to the CD. It should be able to confirm whether you have bad memory in the machine.

Jimmy

Jul 6, 2009
Downloaded memtest thingy, trying it now......

Jimmy

Jul 6, 2009
Ok, just got fed up so done a system recovery, fixed now. thanks for the help!