Payload suddenly does not work

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
So I am making another Deathrun map, which uses a func_tracktrain and paths to chase after players. Functionally it's like a normal Payload, except that instead of a trigger zone to move it forward, it receives a 'StartForward' input via a logic_relay. The model and trigger_hurt for the train both start disabled and get enabled at the same time the func_tracktrain receives the 'StartFoward' input.

I just posted a beta version to my groups deathrun server for testing and it all works fine. As there were some changes to be made I saved the file as the next iteration (going from beta04 to beta05), made the changes I needed and compiled. Those changes were to two of the path_tracks, moving one and changing the outputs of the other. I have not made any changes to logic_relay that starts.

But this time the payload does not appear. I have used the 'ent_fire' command to trigger the logic_relay which I know is receiving the input because the same relay plays an ambient_generic. But the model for the train does not appear and the trigger_hurt does not enable. I have checked the path_tracks I edited to make sure they are still connected correctly and are not sending any outputs they shouldn't. Everything is as it should be, which is 99.9% like the previous version of the map, and yet it does not.

Anyone got any ideas / thoughts as to what has happened and how to fix it?

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I'd have to see your setup to get a better idea of the situation, I'm afraid I can't give any advice with this info

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Figured it out! I have a map wide trigger_multiple set to (amongst other things) kill the train, prop and trigger_hurt when empty. Every time I noclipped to the area I wanted to test I was exiting the brush and triggering its outputs.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Figured it out! I have a map wide trigger_multiple set to (amongst other things) kill the train, prop and trigger_hurt when empty. Every time I noclipped to the area I wanted to test I was exiting the brush and triggering its outputs.

Oh, the joys of mapping :psyduck: