Payload not working

game_geek123

L1: Registered
Sep 3, 2016
Hi

I am not a very experienced mapper, I have thus far followed through crashes tutorial and made 1 koth map. After finishing the koth map I decided that it would be fun to try and make a payload map. However I can not seem to get the payload functions to work.

I have tried several times to get it to work with one of two outcomes, either the payload is treated as a capture point that you can not cap, or the cart simply does not move. In its current state it is in the capture point one. but no one else appears to have ever had this problem.

I have been following this tutorial --> https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_a_Payload_Map as it was really the only one I could find.

I have also attached the map file if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• pl_mine.vmf
    1.2 MB · Views: 58

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
There's a few things that I noticed you are missing.
First and foremost is the team_train_watcher entity. This is the entity that controls cart movement, as well as the payload HUD. (Look at section 5 of the tutorial you linked)
Next is that you are missing a blu team filter. It's generally good practice to put both team's filters in the map to start with, as you will most likely be using them for something, for example, spawn doors.
Finally you'll need to add the rest of the capture points (although I assume that you know this already).

A good tip is to look at the differences between the logic that you have set up, and the logic in the ABS Pack, as that definitely works. I'm not saying that you have to copy the logic, but if you have a problem, check your logic against the PL prefab in the ABS Pack.

Oct 6, 2008