Payload Model advice and other help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been thinking of two ways to end off my payload map:

1. Cart falls in and boom, or
    2. Looking at the picture below, I was thinking of having the cart transport the power ball to the endpoint into a cart holder. The Powerball would then drop down through the center of the cart (since it's hollow) into the pit and then the boom. If you look at the cart - how would you like to see it modified since currently there is a floorplate on the bottom of it that the ball would have to go through in it's current state:
    [​IMG]

How to I rotate a door? Currently, it rotates sideways (when looking at it in game) in an arch but I can't get it to rotate verticle on a corner. I also can't get it to stop and only need it to go 45-90 degrees.

2. griffinkey64

griffinkey64 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Could make it a giant plasma explosion

3. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    You rotate it the other ways using the Flags in hammer. There are options for XZY.

4. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    is that using the top view?

Was also thinking of transitioning the screen to all white when the boom happens but no idea how to do it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    I guess you are looking for env_fade, right?

6. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Yep that's kinda the thing I wanted to do - a big boom with a white out of the screen like a nuke going off - everything fades to white - heck if I want to be creative when it goes white I could teleport everyone to one white room with a sound track - "Welcome to heaven! Wait a minute! You belong in that other palce!" activate new teleport to a dark room filled with fire and brimstone!