Payload Help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TurtlesonFire, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TurtlesonFire

TurtlesonFire L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello.

Im trying to create a payload map, and I followed the directions on the dev wiki. (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_a_Payload_Map)

But for some reason the cart won't move and the HUD displays the points as if they were for a CP map :confused:. When you stand in the Cap area of the cart it shows the Cp being capped like in a cp map, but the cart has not moved there yet. I have path_tracks and 1 control point on the map so far, although there will be a 2nd Capture point. (this is a multi-staged map, so after they cap the 2nd point it will go into humiliation first then the next stage.)

So can anyone tell me whats going on and how I can fix it?
    Thanks//

2. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    Click on the "Steam chat" button and ask there, you might get a faster response!

3. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I dunno. You should use ABS resource guide. Look at the tutorials for the Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack and compare what he did to what you did.

EDIT: 404 posts. Good mapper not found.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    I believe tf_gamerules sets the HUD; do you have that in your map? And yes, looking at Snark's pack is a good way to learn what to do and how. However, don't rely on it for your first couple of maps: you won't actually learn entities if you simply use his prefabs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TurtlesonFire

TurtlesonFire L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Alright thanks for the help guys.

I got it to work. Turns out I was simply missing a certain entity. (How embarrassing.)

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings: