1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Payload Help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TurtlesonFire, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TurtlesonFire

TurtlesonFire L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello.

Im trying to create a payload map, and I followed the directions on the dev wiki. (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_a_Payload_Map)

But for some reason the cart won't move and the HUD displays the points as if they were for a CP map :confused:. When you stand in the Cap area of the cart it shows the Cp being capped like in a cp map, but the cart has not moved there yet. I have path_tracks and 1 control point on the map so far, although there will be a 2nd Capture point. (this is a multi-staged map, so after they cap the 2nd point it will go into humiliation first then the next stage.)

So can anyone tell me whats going on and how I can fix it?
    Thanks//

2. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    Click on the "Steam chat" button and ask there, you might get a faster response!

3. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I dunno. You should use ABS resource guide. Look at the tutorials for the Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack and compare what he did to what you did.

EDIT: 404 posts. Good mapper not found.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    I believe tf_gamerules sets the HUD; do you have that in your map? And yes, looking at Snark's pack is a good way to learn what to do and how. However, don't rely on it for your first couple of maps: you won't actually learn entities if you simply use his prefabs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TurtlesonFire

TurtlesonFire L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Alright thanks for the help guys.

I got it to work. Turns out I was simply missing a certain entity. (How embarrassing.)

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings: