Payload goes crazy, not following the track

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
So my new playload map was a bit big, see, so I pulled in a section of the track.

Now, when the game starts, the payload doesnt start on the track, nor the place it used to be.
When it gets to the first bend, it flys off, smashing into cliffs and getting stuck in a corner,

However, in hammer, it looks like this:

The tracks are right, the train watcher seems fine with regards to track nodes, etc etc. I can't find anything that is causing this.

And no, I don't have a leak. The compile log checker turns up nothing out of the ordinary.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
See the thing is though, nothings changed from when it was working except the first 30 or so path_tracks.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Is it around the last turn when it just raises up into the air? If so, can we get a more close up screenshot of the nodes around that turn? From here it looks like something is messed up, but I can't be sure cause it's hard to see.

Edit: Nope I lied, it was just my eyes, maybe where the payload cart goes bonkers we can see the properties of the entity?

Last edited:

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Does the cart go crazy in terms of does the cart go to another path track, but just out of order, or does the cart go completely someplace altogether where there is no pathtrack? The latter seems highly unlikely. I bet it goes to another pathtrack that maybe you didn't realize. I would go over the pathtracks again and make sure you have the next one set correctly so the cart doesn't jump to a location you don't want it to.

Just a guess though, without knowing more info.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Nope, not at one point does it go along a path track. It starts off the path tracks, when I say it gets to the first turn, I mean where the first turn would be if where it started was where it was supposed to.

I'll get you a screenshot of the payload entitiies when I get home.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Never mind. I fixed it. I deleted the Payload group and replaced it with completely new one. I couldnt find anything different between the two...but it worked.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Well at least you figured it out ;) that's all that matters.

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
That actually happened to me when I was working on pl_silo... t'was odd.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
That sounds like the func_tracktrain's origin got moved way out of place, as that is what governs the location of the train in relation to the paths.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
A lot of entities have an origin, but not all. It's the white circle in 2D and blue sphere in 3D that appears when the entity is selected. What it governs varies, a rotating door uses it to determine the rotation point, a train uses it as the reference to where it should attach/rotate while traveling on tracks, the no entry material uses the func_respawnroomvisualizer's origin as the point from which is measures player distance.