Payload gametype issue.

Demitri Omni

L2: Junior Member
Apr 18, 2008
So far I have everything setup properly (except regarding the first question), and I was wondering two things:

1. How do I set the trigger_capture_area entity to stop working via the time to cap setting, and go strictly by the train watcher?

2. Do I need to set more than one capture area entity for each control point and set them accordingly?

Spacemonkeynz

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 31, 2008
1. How do I set the trigger_capture_area entity to stop working via the time to cap setting, and go strictly by the train watcher?
Why do you want it to stop working?
And i'm not to sure what you mean by the 'time to cap setting', in Goldrush it was set to 9999, so it would never cap by time.

2. Do I need to set more than one capture area entity for each control point and set them accordingly?
No, you can just use one capture area, parented to the cart, and change it's associated CP via inputs each time is passes a CP.

Last edited:

Demitri Omni

Apr 18, 2008
Can you elaborate on the control point setup in your tutorial thread? I have set the time to the highest I could set it, and currently I have two capture areas parented to the payload, and that *technically* works, but when the payload reaches each control point the control points do not turn. I have the three control points set in order, and I have the home point set as the first in the train watcher entity. I'm really not sure what I need to do at this point.

Spacemonkeynz

Jan 31, 2008
You only need one capture area, at the start of the game, the capture area which is parented to the train is set to the first Control point.

Once the train reached the path_track for the 1st control point, us the OnPass output to trigger a relay.

Then with the relay, you will want to add these outputs.

OnTrigger - capture area - CaptureCurrentCP
OnTrigger - control point - SetOwner - 3 (Sets the owner of the control point to 3, for Blue)

Then for the outputs of the Control point
OnCapTeam2 - capture area - SetControlPoint - (name of the next control point) - Delay of 0.1
This will now link the capture area with the next control point in your map.

I'm still learning at the moment, so I might not be 100% on some things.
Once i've worked it all out i'll make a Tutorial

Spacemonkeynz

Jan 31, 2008
I'm having issues too.

1. When Blue wins, this siren plays (Cart.Warning), but it keeps looping, even after the map has reset and the cart is back at the start it keeps looping.

2. When the map resets and the teams are swapped, Red players spawn in the Blue spawn room.

Last edited:

Spacemonkeynz

Jan 31, 2008
I fixed it.

Not sure which one of these fixed it (I just looked at goldrush and did what they did.)

the logic_relay for the end CP has outputs to disable the capture area, and stop the train.

Also I added another path_track beyond the last one, even tough the cart never goes there.

Demitri Omni

Apr 18, 2008
Question: In order to make the cart move down into a shaft or a trap door (see the first two phases' end caps on Goldrush), would it be possible to parent the final path_track to a second tracktrain in order to move it downward (or any other direction)?

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
Question: In order to make the cart move down into a shaft or a trap door (see the first two phases' end caps on Goldrush), would it be possible to parent the final path_track to a second tracktrain in order to move it downward (or any other direction)?

You wouldn't need to do that, just have the make the next path_track below the current one. The path_tracks can go in any direction.