Payload gameplay idea.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Had this idea earlier today:

Blue team has a bomb cart and a main point at their base.
Red can cap the main point to disable the cart, and blue can push the cart to red's base.

This would make both teams use attacking and defending classes, plus some various new strategies.

Thoughts?

Jan 31, 2008
I believe the point would be ignored by red the further blue progress.
When the blue spawn move to a location closer to red, red spies will go back and ninja cap the point.
I think it would just confuse new players, and be ignored by experienced players.

zornor

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 14, 2009
I don't think he means permanently disable it (as in, Red Caps => Wins Round). Like, BLU can cap it back.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
I was thinking that it actually would permanently disable it, but the overall distance between the blue base and red base would be small(Bit larger then 2fort maybe)

I might make a prototype map soon.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
a similar system could be to have certain doors on the bombs path, immediately after each cap point be locked shut by capping the disarming-point.
although there would be alternative routes for players, the bomb cannot progress until the CP is owned by blu (thus opening doors)
(and on passing adoor, the bomb will not roll back behind it, even if open)

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
what about
- a cart that moves at a set speed
- CPs that open doors blocking the track
- if the cart hits an unopen door it explodes prematurely and blu loses
- if blu opens all the doors they win

You could even texture the sections with the doors in blu, as if they're trying to get a live bomb out of their own factory and red has set up roadblocks. (which would be why they lose if it detonates early).

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
An idea I had a long time ago was a (very) long PL track, and instead of PL cp's, there would be normal CP's to control forward spawns.