Payload cart not following the path set for it

actioninja

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2014
Problem is as described in title.
I don't know how best to describe it. I have an unfinished cart path set in hammer, but when I go to test it the cart is nowhere near it. The directions it takes if you noclip near it seem to be the path, but it does things like freak out at turns, and the like. The map isn't ready for normal play, and I am trying to make it quickly because I am not sure if the concept I have will even work, so there is sharp corners for the turns. I am not sure if that would affect anything. I am also using the gamemode templates from the ultimate map resource pack.

Screenshots:
Hammer:
FCStFn3.png

Where the cart is:
Xkbc4a0.jpg

Where it should be:
8xFmV8t.jpg

Another angle ingame for reference:
g8x3sDI.jpg

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
The origin of the train must be off. Make sure you have the "Toggle helpers" button pressed and after selecting the cart, look for a small white circle. Move this to the center of the train/cart

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Linear interpolation tends to work badly at discontinuities. And the rotation of the cart is linearly interpolated. And your path has major discontinuities at the turns. Add in between path nodes.

actioninja

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2014
The origin of the train must be off. Make sure you have the "Toggle helpers" button pressed and after selecting the cart, look for a small white circle. Move this to the center of the train/cart

Helpers were screwed up, that was it.