Payload Cart Not Capping

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
I have used the ABS gametype library for the logic of the payload map I am creating, yet when my cart moves onto the cap point it doesn't capture. I have changed the name of the path_tracks, so would I need to change them back to the original ones, or can I change the names used somewhere (if that is how I do it at all)

All and any help is appreciated!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
The team_train_watcher entity needs to know the names of the path_tracks associated with each control point. Update that entity's keyvalues and you should be good to go.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I was under the impression that the capture was done by the path_track over the prop sending an output to the capture point to capture itself.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
Just looking to clear things up: Do I set the 'Linked CP' to the Capture point's name, and the 'Linked Path_Track' to the path_track I want the cart to pass over to activate the (linked) capture point? I've tried this yet it doesn't seem to be working

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
You should indeed do that. The hud needs those to be set correctly. But it isn't enough. You need to add I/O to the path_track to actually tell the capture point to capture itself.

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
You should indeed do that. The hud needs those to be set correctly. But it isn't enough. You need to add I/O to the path_track to actually tell the capture point to capture itself.
Would adding a "On pass, CaptureCurrentCP to the sspl_pushzone (I am using the ABS basic template) work well?