Payload Cart Not Capping

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DrSquishy, Dec 24, 2017.

1. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have used the ABS gametype library for the logic of the payload map I am creating, yet when my cart moves onto the cap point it doesn't capture. I have changed the name of the path_tracks, so would I need to change them back to the original ones, or can I change the names used somewhere (if that is how I do it at all)

All and any help is appreciated!

2. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    The team_train_watcher entity needs to know the names of the path_tracks associated with each control point. Update that entity's keyvalues and you should be good to go.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    I was under the impression that the capture was done by the path_track over the prop sending an output to the capture point to capture itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    Just looking to clear things up: Do I set the 'Linked CP' to the Capture point's name, and the 'Linked Path_Track' to the path_track I want the cart to pass over to activate the (linked) capture point? I've tried this yet it doesn't seem to be working

5. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You should indeed do that. The hud needs those to be set correctly. But it isn't enough. You need to add I/O to the path_track to actually tell the capture point to capture itself.

6. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    Would adding a "On pass, CaptureCurrentCP to the sspl_pushzone (I am using the ABS basic template) work well?