Payload bomb

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I really think i'm missing something here.. The main problem i had with flint and the reason i didn't release it in time for the contest was because the bomb didn't stick to the "invisible" func_train. The train worked fine (other than some random path_track I/O triggering captures without proper reason, well.. maybe not all that fine really).

But, I just copy and pasted the cart from badwater in a test map and it did the same. Only this one jumps off the train and bobs around as a physics object whilst mine just stood there stuck in mid air whilst the train moved off along the track as it should.

Now.. i thought the nodraw func_train "held" the prop in place, since the prop_physics_override has no parent option. But i'm failing to see what's happening here, what exactly am i doing wrong? Or atleast what do i need to do? Because my bomb didn't work.. and nor did a copy of valves.

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
the phys constraint has 2 values, and you put in the 2 objects you need to glue together, so no parenting needed between the func train and the model. just glue em together using the phys_constraint, and breaking it when you need it.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
yes use the phys constraint. it allows the prop to be more free to bob around while sticking to the track.

Bot190

L1: Registered
Sep 25, 2008
Can you give a link to the tutorial your talking about? I am assuming you mean that your map has the cart and something that is following it.