paying for optimization help

ss77

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2013
Hi:

We're looking for an experienced mapper who is good at optimizing maps.
Our custom maps are made by a novice mapper and they're having trouble learning how to optimize so we're seeking some 'professional' help. We've tried optimizing our custom maps but our players are saying it still lags a lot.

We edit and create new maps about once every 1-2months and we're looking for someone who's interested in doing this continuously. We're able to pay via paypal everytime we need our maps optimized after the optimization is completed. We also need someone who could possibly finish the job within 72hours. (The mapping part for these maps are complete, design-wise, and just need to be optimized.) Most of our maps are orange-x /toyfort / jump maps so most of it is dev textures, simple in design, and the maps aren't that big (Just letting you know since most experienced mappers seem to hate dev textures).

Please note we're not looking for someone who just learned how to optimize and only know the very basics such as func_detail and nodraw.

Please send us a private message via this forum if you are interested.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Sep 7, 2012
Your request may be met with some resistance because a map that is finished layout-wise is nearly impossible to optimize significantly. Much of optimization lies in the layout of your map, and things like areaportals aren't going to help much if your layout does not lend itself well to optimization. Also, I don't think anyone here hates dev textures, just the idea of "finishing" a map with them. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

ss77

Jan 13, 2013
Hi nightwatch. Thank you for your reply, we will inform our mapper of this.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
Post a pic of the map here, if it's not a big open box I can maybe help you for free.

ss77

Jan 13, 2013
Hi Ravage. Thank you so much for your kind offer. But we got someone already. He wants to try out one map first to see how much time and work it will take and decide to continue or not, so we will post again if we need help.