Passtime death pit predicament [SOLVED]

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Stickface

L2: Junior Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alright so I'm working on a passtime map and everything is fine with the map itself, but there's an issue with the jack and death pits.

If the jack is picked up and dropped in the pit it'll respawn after a couple of seconds, which is what I want, but if the jack is not picked up and instead knocked out of the map with for example an explosion the ball does not return.

I've gone through ball detection zones but there's no real option of respawning the ball as far as I know, so I'm putting this thread here in hopes of finding a solution around this, either some sort of anti ball fall thing or just some way to respawn the ball.

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated!

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Maybe cover every place the ball can go out with block bullets? And make them func_brush so stickies don't stick to them.

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
Quoting the developer wiki, from the func_passtime_goal entity paragraph:
Keyvalues
points <float>
How many points the team gets for scoring here. If this is -1, the ball will be removed from the world instead.

So if you cover your deathpits with func_passtime_goal and set the keyvalue "points" to -1, it will be removed and should respawn shortly after. I used that for the deathpits in pass_felgen.

Edit: Alternatively, you can cover the deathpit in a func_passtime_no_ball_zone brush, and the Jack should continuously bounce off the surface of the brush if they collide. I haven't tested this solution tho.

Last edited:

Stickface

L2: Junior Member
Feb 7, 2014
Quoting the developer wiki, from the func_passtime_goal entity paragraph:

So if you cover your deathpits with func_passtime_goal and set the keyvalue "points" to -1, it will be removed and should respawn shortly after. I used that for the deathpits in pass_felgen.

Edit: Alternatively, you can cover the deathpit in a func_passtime_no_ball_zone brush, and the Jack should continuously bounce off the surface of the brush if they collide. I haven't tested this solution tho.
Thanks a bunch gonna try this out and edit this message with my results

EDIT: Works like a dream thanks again!

Last edited: