Passtime death pit predicament [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stickface, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Stickface

Stickface L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Alright so I'm working on a passtime map and everything is fine with the map itself, but there's an issue with the jack and death pits.

If the jack is picked up and dropped in the pit it'll respawn after a couple of seconds, which is what I want, but if the jack is not picked up and instead knocked out of the map with for example an explosion the ball does not return.

I've gone through ball detection zones but there's no real option of respawning the ball as far as I know, so I'm putting this thread here in hopes of finding a solution around this, either some sort of anti ball fall thing or just some way to respawn the ball.

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated!

2. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe cover every place the ball can go out with block bullets? And make them func_brush so stickies don't stick to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    It's possible to make a wall only solid to physics objects (soccer game on doomsday_event uses it) but then nobody would be able to throw it in or throw it out while they themselfes are going into the pit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Di Gorgonzola

Di Gorgonzola L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Quoting the developer wiki, from the func_passtime_goal entity paragraph:
    So if you cover your deathpits with func_passtime_goal and set the keyvalue "points" to -1, it will be removed and should respawn shortly after. I used that for the deathpits in pass_felgen.

Edit: Alternatively, you can cover the deathpit in a func_passtime_no_ball_zone brush, and the Jack should continuously bounce off the surface of the brush if they collide. I haven't tested this solution tho.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. Stickface

Stickface L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks a bunch gonna try this out and edit this message with my results

EDIT: Works like a dream thanks again!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016