PassTime ARG

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Post your thoughts on the secrets contained in pass_brickyard, pass_district, and pass_timbertown.

I have started poking around in Brickyard. It seems pretty simple to a point.

To begin with, you might spy this suspicious looking door in both spawn rooms.

12d7290f55.jpg

It has light bleed beneath it, and a chrome trim texture.

In Hammer, we see this is in fact a func_door_rotating without an accompanying blocklight brush (hence the lightbleed) that opens when either team scores a goal.

53be94c452.jpg

Behind this door, there is a small storage room with a teleporter on the floor in the middle. This teleporter is covered by a trigger_teleport and will enable when either team scores a goal and the door concealing it is opened.

741483f7b8.jpg

This teleport points to the same location for either red or blu. It is a larger room with the centerpiece being a television on a table.

4e02045483.jpg

If you look closely, you'll notice nine stain overlays on the floor. At first glance, it's unclear as to what must be done to earn the Merasmus' TV achievement. But in Hammer, of course it is made clear.

fbfd35b534.jpg

Each stain is covered by a trigger_multiple. Each has no outputs or inputs, so I'm still confused on how it works, but I'm sure it means you must have nine different players standing at each position for the TV to "tune". That's where I stop.

Two things:
  1. The trigger_multiple's have no I/O. How are they able to trigger anything?
  2. The name of each trigger is gibberish. I'm thinking there might be some kind of anagram message hidden here, but I'm not sure.
Would love to hear your thoughts and findings.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
This is how to tune the television once you're in the room:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Jul 26, 2015
Holy shit, so you need to:
  • Coordinate with someone on the opposite side of the map
  • Score in a secret goal
  • Get specific classes from specific teams to stand in specific spots
  • Actually get into a match
This is getting quite complex.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
To correct my previous post, simply scoring goals will not cause the doors to open. There is actually a separate, secret goal you need to find first. To do this, you must begin by locating the banjo on the red side of the map.

632a047aa5.jpg

Contrary to KubeKing's findings, all you need to do is stand inside a trigger brush in this area for the secret goal to open. I guess the "restricted area" sign is supposed to cue us in that you should stand here for something to happen, but I really don't think anyone would figure this out without luck or Hammer. Kinda silly, really.

584457f91a.jpg

Once someone is standing there, on the opposite side of the map in the same spot, this wall (actually a func_brush cutout) will disappear, revealing the secret goal.

cbdaafe71b.jpg

3d5537bfbe.jpg

Either team can score in this goal, and this is what causes the doors to open.