Parts of the map missing?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
The red line coming from your skybox indicates the path an entity is taking to reach the void. All entities must be contained with the boundaries of world brushes. That's why they call it a leak. However, the red line does not normally pass through world brushes, it works its way between the cracks between them. Is the image you uploaded a screenshot of the top of your map? And that skybox-textured brush is part of the top of your skybox? Did you make that part of your skybox an entity, like a func_detail, by accident?

I've had the error message that you had in your compile log when I have a large brush whose origin falls outside the map area, outside the confines of the world brush box, and in the void. For example, a complex trigger_push or trigger_hurt built from a few brushes. The solution for me was to turn on the 'helpers' so I could see the origin handle (a small circle), and drag it in to the map. Sometimes an entity origin will get pulled outside the map, by accident. So I selected everything, right-clicked in one of the 2D viewports and chose 'centre origins'.

Your compile log says that the entity that leaked was a func_movelinear. You should be able to trace the red line from that entity. When Hammer checks for leaks, it stops when it finds one, so the func_movelinear itself may not be a cause, it's just indicating the problem.

Make sure you unload, and load again, your point file, after each compile, to see the latest results.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Cookie^

L2: Junior Member
Jan 26, 2014
Yes, it points on top of the skybox. I just made a block with the SKY texture and the made it hollow using the value of "32".

Cookie^

L2: Junior Member
Jan 26, 2014
Ok guys, I fixed it finally.
I had made 2 elevators using func_movelinear, and for some reason the were leaking.
So, I just built them again and it works fine. Huge thanks to everybody for the help! :D

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
No probs.

When you test your map, have two people stand touching each other on the elevators as they move. If the elevator stops moving while they do this, this can be overcome by turning the elevator in to a func_brush and parenting it to a func_movelinear or func_door, that has the spawn flag 'Non-solid to players' ticked.