particles

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BigBangTheory, Oct 31, 2012.

1. BigBangTheory

BigBangTheory L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    ref. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/List_of_TF2_Particles#Hat_Effects

this page has 2 typos:

I just guessed at one and was right.
    The 1st typo is unusual_orbit_nutsnbolt but it is actually unusual_orbit_nutsnbolts

but I have not been so lucky with unusual_storm_secret

What I am talking about is using the info_particale_system and putting the right name in the Particale System Name field

Anyone have any idea on how to figure out what Valve called this?
    I have all other hat effects showing in map on a stand as display, but I cant get the 13th Hour unusual hat effect to show

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. JonSnow

JonSnow L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Using SourceFilmMaker, you can select "Add new particle system" and explore all the particles stored into their respective archives. For unusuals, look under "Items.pcx".

3. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Running TF2 in tools mode and selecting 'open' will give a full list of all pcf files too.

Perhaps more interesting, anything you open in tools mode can be saved out to a new pcf.. making customization of stock particles fairly easy.

Yeah you could extract with gcfscape, but gcfscape doesn't have the ability to preview particles.