papertrail editting

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
so i editted the papertrail for a map so my intel drops something more appropriate. only now instead of showing each image seperately, it shows all them at once an reduced.
is there something special you have to do to vtfs when you save them if you want them to be used in this manner?

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
I'm sure that you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

why not?

i make my own soundscapes, sounds, textures and even game modes. this is really just another stepin the same direction of customisation.

besides a pumpkin that leaks papers isn't as good as one that emits leaves - hence the reason i wish to change it

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
What the snark said. I couldn't join servers by accidentally & conpletely unintentionally changing some of the particle effects in the /particles folder. Don't know if material-enforcing is widespread, but better safe than sorry, eh?

The paper trail texture is probably an animated texture, hence why your custom texture shows everything at once as it seems you haven't made the vmf file accordingly.

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
What the snark said. I couldn't join servers by accidentally & conpletely unintentionally changing some of the particle effects in the /particles folder. Don't know if material-enforcing is widespread, but better safe than sorry, eh?

The paper trail texture is probably an animated texture, hence why your custom texture shows everything at once as it seems you haven't made the vmf file accordingly.

i didn't change the vmf, i just placed a vtf in the correct file structure using the same name :p