vsh_palanquin_ship_novpk UPDATE (01/06/2013) Updated the Download Link, the map now consists of a single BSP file, instead of a VPK file. so servers can have players download the map from them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHMbDkMBgBY UPDATE (31/05/2013) The map is finally finished!!! And oh boy I never thought that it would take me this much time between the beta and the final release. Making all the small remaining models for the map turned out to be surprisingly tedious, so I lost my motivation several times. Then it got interesting again toward the end when I made the logic for the easter eggs (the joy of seeing an event that you coded work as intented). Since VSH doesn't make it viable to have a secret room as players could hide in it and delay the round indefinitely, I've instead put easter eggs near places that the player will frequently pass by, but that they won't notice unless they pay attention. During, the final test, the players and boss even stopped fighting at some point to try and crack the password of one of the easter eggs (ugh, took me a whole night to have that password work as intended. It gets surprisingly harder when the same numbers are being pushed multiple times.) --- Tadaaa, my new VSH map has reached beta and I am proud to present you "the Palanquin Ship"! I know that most of you aren't fond of maps that don't follow the strict guidelines of the TF2 style/non official game modes, but I also know that most of you value effort, and who knows how many nights I spent these last 6 weeks polishing this ship with two objectives in mind: Make it look good, and Make it fun to play on. And yesterday's beta test convinced me that I succeeded on both of these criteria (I recorded everything, I'll soon put some of the footage on Youtube) that said, there are still a few props I want to model, a few textures I want to polish, and a few framerate issues that I want gone. So I'm planning to lower the amount of particles on the map (note that the number of particles raises drastically if the map is rainy, which has 30% chance to happen, though you can disable weather effects). To those who want to see the map in-game, VSH is a variant of Arena, so you'll have to spawn a bot if you want to play a class. The RED players spawn scattered on the ship, while the BLU player will appear from one of the corners of the map and fly toward the ship. Thanks to this "wind", it is pointless for RED players to attempt to eject the boss from the ship. Also, to see the map in all his different versions (random every round), you can use these commands: ent_fire relay_skylight_noon trigger ent_fire relay_skylight_twilight trigger ent_fire relay_skylight_night trigger ent_fire relay_weather_clear trigger (70% chance) ent_fire relay_weather_rain trigger (20% chance) ent_fire relay_weather_storm trigger (10% chance) Note: in "Stormy" weather, lightning strikes will hit random locations of the ship, so players are encouraged to stay inside the ship. Lastly, here's some footage of the alpha test (no textures/models) so you get an idea of the mod's gameplay.