Pakrat Help or Alt?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by zigvt85, Mar 30, 2014.

1. zigvt85

zigvt85 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys I have this issue with Pakrat not sure if anyone has come across it. When trying to use the auto/add feature it acts like it works and saves but it does not save the file models and textures to my bsp. It will only save the default steam files not my custom. Is there a fix for Pakrat I am missing or a beta option I can download somewhere? I like Pakrat use to work great on xp but not so much on Windows 7. I was hoping there's a fix at least or an alt method I tried PackBSP and that gives me a null error.

I just wanna finish my map I started with a year ago get all the files to show up correctly.

2. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I think the old packing software are all pretty broke with the steampipe changes to TF2, VIDE is the most commonly used one now I think - http://www.riintouge.com/VIDE/

3. zigvt85

Positive Ratings:
    Ya, I just checked that out and works find for me just a lot of steps to remember compared to Pakrat lol. But at least Vide fixed my map for me but it only has been a year in the works lol.

4. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Speaking of VIDE, TopHattWaffle did a good tutorial on it here, if you want.

5. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    I use pakrat and it works fine for me... I didn't modify it in any way it just tells me to add lots of stuff, I accept it and add the real custom content manually. Maybe it has some effects on filesize but it seems to work. Idk.

6. zigvt85

Positive Ratings:
    Ya Pakrat use to work for me the scan and auto feature. But now it does not so Vide is my alt method.