$ Paid Urgent Request

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

SmashBits

L1: Registered
Oct 11, 2013
Hello,

My name is Rick Jones. I am the creator of the Smash Champ series on Machinima.

I have an urgent request that I am willing to pay for. I need somebody who can export all of the “Summoner’s Rift” level models from League of Legends for the Source Engine and then recreate the entirety of Summoner’s Rift in Hammer for use in SFM. If you are interested in this gig please let me know asap as finding somebody who can do this is my main priority today.

You may contact me at pikaparody @ gmail . com

V

Valkyrie

I would have to agree with swordfish, I would not be doing this without written permission from Riot games, and knowing them I dont think you would get permission for it anyway.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Legality aside, those are some pretty different skill sets. Someone who knows the League formats (which is not exactly a modding hotbed of knowledge), is familiar with Source asset compiling, and proficient with Hammer enough to replicate an existing design... you'll probably have to find two (or more) people to do the work.

SmashBits

Oct 11, 2013
Those who are responding about legality, you have nothing to worry about. I have been working for two years in the professional video game entertainment industry. There are so many legal things I could explain right now but I think it would be a waste of my time. From my experience talking with scared model rippers who know little about the law because they are not in the professional industry, nothing I say will be believed. I have gotten into too many arguments with people who don’t know what they are talking about and make no effort to research.

To make this short just in case you are seriously considering this and don’t fit that description.

(1) Machinima and Riot have a working relationship with defined rules of conduct and this fits within the rules, (2) you will not be credited if you do not want to be so nobody will know about this, (3) Machinima would be the party in any lawsuit, not you – but there will never be a lawsuit because Riot wants stuff like this to be made.

As far as the scope of work, if this requires multiple people – so be it. I am willing to pay whoever and whatever to get this done ASAP!

What’s the price?

V

Valkyrie

You dont need to explain it like we are uneducated fools, we would be taking copyrighted material from a game in which I assume the material is encrypted and without written permission, that is quite a big risk for anyone to talk. No one here knows about a relationship between Riot and Machinima. We are not trying to start an argument, that is a genuine concern for the people on this site. Also for that final part, I doubt manchinima would take the blame for the illegal act when there is an exact person they can blame, no way on earth would they take the fall.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
He seems to be saying that they (Machinima and Riot) already have a contract of sorts that says people creating content for Machinima are allowed to use the content from League to do so.

V

Valkyrie

Without proof of this I would be inclined to say most wont work on that

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
I would've thought it would make more sense to create an original version of Summoner's Rift in the Source engine. That or use the Dota 2 map.

SmashBits

Oct 11, 2013
Valeria, I’m sorry I was rude in my previous post. I know nobody is deliberately trying to get into an argument here – but I have previous experience of arguments over this very topic. This seems to me like it is a very easy task to complete but it is so difficult finding somebody to do it.

We are a big company and we are not going to risk a lawsuit over something as silly as a ripped background. We have LOTS of material on our multiple channels using ripped game content and we have NEVER had any issues. We have a good relationship with video game companies like Riot.

If anybody here CAN do the task we need completed, if they are interested in the gig, and if they are seriously concerned about legal issues, I would have no problem providing the “proof” needed in a Skype conversation or through email or something.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009

SmashBits

Oct 11, 2013
Fubar, if you need money to pay somebody over at facepunch.com to do the ripping for you let me know. My email is pikaparody@gmail.com. I would love to get you in connection with my director. Let’s get in contact and negotiate a price. :) My skype is Kedric Jones (from Chicago).

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
okay so ripping lol seems pretty straight forward. so if I were to do this, I know you said "urgent" but what's the timeframe we're working with here? also, we're swapping from one engine to an other, are there any requirements as far as scale goes?

SmashBits

Oct 11, 2013
Now we are moving into questions that are best reserved for my director as I know very little about 3D. I would like to get a group email going if possible. My email is pikaparody @ gmail . com.

SmashBits

Oct 11, 2013
From my director:

I think it should be pretty big. LoL character models are already twice the size of tf2 characters. And characters in LoL aren't even that big. I don't know we should have an accurate scale. Maybe whoever does it should get a character model and use it for scale

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
A character might not be so helpful, given the large variety between them. I would think that simply having the notable props like turrets and the walls around the base would be enough to get the overall size correct. Turrets can give you lane width, and if the walls are to match up like they do in League, there's only one place for them to go and that arc position can be extrapolated to the overall map dimensions. With those two in place, filling in the blanks correctly shouldn't be too tricky.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Last edited:

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
Yeah, if they are okay that people rip their models/textures for a commercial product, I am pretty sure they would also give the source files for use to make things easier.