PackBSP question

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
If it isn't simple-enough, feel free to explain what was problematic.

There are a few things it does not pack (like certain custom control-point icons) but most of them are explained on the site.

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry for the nerco bump but this really is the best place for it.

I have a custom model - a "key" - but Pack isn't recognising it. The model is attached to the intel entity and I have the game mode set to Type 4 and the intel only becomes active on trigger

I already know about this:

- PackBsp does not support dependencies which may be triggered by the I/O system in Hammer, since it is difficult to analyze and predict what it may do.
- Please inspect your map logic to determine what file(s) are needed, and add them manually.

I have tried to add it in manually - it and the textures - both show up in the pack list once I add it in but when I upload to a server the item becomes the error message symbol.

The support forums on the pack site are closed for comments - hence my question here.

Has anyone else had this issue - is there a work around or am I just doing it wrong?

If I'm doing it right, I guess the only option I have left is to include the files for the keymodel as part of the file package that goes onto the server - but this is a real pain in the ass thing for server operators.

Any ideas?

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Try using Pakrat instead of PackBSP and use the Add button to put in the model and the model's materials. It automatically fixes the file's path for the BSP file, which may be the problem you're having. Then just do File > Save BSP and it should pack itself in.

Oct 6, 2008
If I have done 99% of the map already in packbsp - can I load that file into packrat to pull in the extra files or should I start with a fresh unpacked bsp?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
PackBSP sets the file directories automatically too though, or rather doesn't change them when you manually add things in, so it should work fine. I don't see PakRat being any different.

KTB, to answer you, you should be able to continue to pack into the BSP you already started packing.

Oct 6, 2008
Thanks guys! I can NEVER seem to get my map packed correctly - something always seems to get missed and it pisses me off to no end. Must definitely PO the people who DL too!