P1-ckup Truck

P1-ckup Truck v2

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
P1-ckup Truck - Crowbar's winter 2017 72hr entry

This is my entry for the Winter 2017 72hr TF2 Jam gosh such a lengthy name.
A pickup truck the owner of should give a wash. It only includes a diffuse map (updated since Jam) and a collision model (added after the Jam) as well as the polygons. No LODs, not any other maps.
Technical info:
  • 3290 triangles
  • 2048x2048 diffuse map
  • 135.8 width, 290.7 length, 95.3 height in units
Made in Blender, textured in Photoshop.
It looks ultimately cool and I am pretty happy with both the model and the texture.
I am going to update this model after the Jam and showcase ends, I'll add a CM (first TODO), lods, and maybe team colored skins that aren't all shades of gray in the base texture.
Will add more screenshots, with better resolution and better overall.
The jam was very very fun. Enjoy this didn't you? Aren't you gonna?

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Kritzkast bump! @Agro @uberchain @Wack.tf
So, I just saw it on the last Kritzkast stream. So: it did still look like a first-time model. Yeah, I'm pretty bad at designing models - and the more time passes after publishing, the worse it is in my eyes, but making it did take quite a bit of technical knowledge.
It has been planned to look kind of retrofuturistic, but not a car for exploring other worlds? sea world? Such imagination you guys got.
Been said you couldn't wait to see it textured, in which case the existing textures might disappoint you a lot. It sucks and is probably going to be considerably changed after I'm allowed to update it.
Yeah, the tyres have gotten some love during modelling. It's my favorite part of the model as well!
Yes, I did take this so seriously! Didn't expect to see it on Kritzkast and would never have thought hadn't Yrr told me.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
I'm gonna be honest. I actually have the perfect map for this model.

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
This is perfect.

Agro

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2009
with the texture now it kinda looks retro post-apocalyptic, like something from Mad Max or Escape from New York. Damn those retro feels, like the first time you get your tongue stuck to something frozen and metal.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
The front grill reminds me of something...

latest

Gary

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2017
Is that thing for rent? My family is heading to Sea world pretty soon and I Need a mode of transportation.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Is that thing for rent? My family is heading to Sea world pretty soon and I Need a mode of transportation.
Unless your family consists of two people, sure if the rest of the family fancies traveling in the back without cover. I'm not sure about the weather situation of the Sea world, though - is it warm enough and no scorching sun there?

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Update! It hasn't even been a month.

• Retextured
• The new texture looks overall better, is rid of some black lines and artifacts somewhere. Better now.
• The wheels are now at different rotations.
• Still no maps other than the diffuse one. There'll probably be specular later.​
• Made a collision mesh
• Somewhat accurately represents the entire model, including the space in the back.
Warning! The passage in the back of the car, though present in the collision model, is not wide enough to let a player through! However, the space inside is very cramped and barely lets you move around in itself, and is not intended to be a part of the gameplay area.​
• Additionally, learnt to make indents in lists. They are great.
shot3.png
shot1.png
shot2.png
Also tell me if the archive contains something wrong, though I seemed to pack everything inside carefully.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: