Overtime & A/D cp ...

Apr 13, 2009
Anyone else have this problem where if a control point (not final) is captured during overtime, sometimes, the game awards the win to red anyway ? Any workarounds ? I thought I had gotten rid of it but it just happened again...

My entity setup is pretty straightforward,
team_round_timer : onFinished -> trigger game_round_win RoundWin @ 0.00s
trigger_capture_area : onCapTeam2 -> AddTime to team_round_timer @ 0.00s and do various other things (adjust spawn timers, enable/disable spawn points, open doors...)

I suppose that what happens is the team_round_timer triggers round win just before time is added by the capture area, which would prevent it. But delaying the round win would have no effect as it would fire anyway...

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I seem to only have this problem on TF2M servers, I think, and I don't know how to fix it.

Edit: Yeah, doesn't happen in local games and it doesn't happen where I usually play TF2 for non-testing. I blame TF2M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2009
Update : No, I haven't been able to find a fix (I had an idea but it doesn't actually work). I've been able to reproduce the bug on cp_dustbowl though... I capped all points as a blu scout during overtime and it awarded the win to red on stage 3 cap 1...

Note : in all cases, this is inconsistent, there's not one control point that is particularly prone to this bug or something, it just happens sometimes and other times it does not.

Hasn't anyone encountered this bug on mountainlab/manor during regular play ? Seems like a prime candidate, with its extremely long cap times on A and B...

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
This problem seems to crop up every update or so it seems. It seems to be configuration related. When a team wins X rounds on a map it prematurely ends the game.