overlays/no_entry

Tayrtahn

L1: Registered
Mar 21, 2009
A rather specific question, as you might have guessed...

What happened to the overlays/no_entry texture? I'd like to make some barriers for my respawn rooms, but I can't seem to find the texture anywhere. It even shows up as pure white when I load up the SDK maps.

This happens with the standard fgd file, with an edited fgd that comments out the excluded directories, with the ABS supplement and the standard file, and ABS with the include changed to the edited fgd.

So I'm out of ideas. Anyone else having this problem and/or know of a fix?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
They rendered bad when the camera is in Shaded Textured mode, set it to just Textured and they'll look fine. This is just an issue with Hammer's renderer.

Tayrtahn

L1: Registered
Mar 21, 2009
Aha, I see. It's a little weird that it shows up as a reddish square in my material browser, but at least it shows up. Textured mode works fine and will let me scale and center it properly.

Thanks for the help!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
The texture always shows up as a red square in the texture browser; I suppose that's another issue with Hammer, or perhaps a faulty .vtf or something.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I believe it's entirely alpha channeled, since hammer's texture browser doesn't show alpha channnels you just see pure red.