CTF Orangefort v2

BlueAndGray

L1: Registered
Mar 1, 2012
Have you ever waited for a CTF edition of the orange series? Well here you go! This map features 1 tower in each base, and a big tower in the middle. Screenshots will be uploaded as available.

TheKieranator

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 6, 2011
Unless you plan to move on from Orange maps to actual maps, you may come to clash with some of the veterans of this site. TF2Maps.net has higher standards when it comes to quality than other sites such as Gamebanana, and Orange maps don't meet those standards, since Orange maps serve little purpose other than turning TF2 into any other shooter. If you do plan on improving the quality of your map from Orange to TF2, we'll be happy to guide you along. If not, you may end up like this guy...

T

The Asylum

i'd rather not collect more infractions so ill be nice this time. now where to begin....

why are there big huge buildings full of nothing? and even more inacessible areas behind windows that are also full of nothing? Why is there also no lights? Orange X is a horrible horrible map but at least the author bothered to run vrad.

my advice to you, right now, is to read the threads in the Tutorials forum. If you only read one topic there at least read one about basic layout theory.

and also to repent. repent from your sins as an orange mapper.

BlueAndGray

L1: Registered
Mar 1, 2012
i'd rather not collect more infractions so ill be nice this time. now where to begin....

why are there big huge buildings full of nothing? and even more inacessible areas behind windows that are also full of nothing? Why is there also no lights? Orange X is a horrible horrible map but at least the author bothered to run vrad.

my advice to you, right now, is to read the threads in the Tutorials forum. If you only read one topic there at least read one about basic layout theory.

and also to repent. repent from your sins as an orange mapper.

Sorry, I'm just a new mapper; I kind of didn't get enough ideas from other people. I might just go ahead and make a thread for making another map. :/

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
TF2Maps.net has higher standards when it comes to quality than other sites such as Gamebanana, and Orange maps don't meet those standards, since Orange maps serve little purpose other than turning TF2 into any other shooter.

Now that's not very nice. TF2 on an Orange X clone is way worse than "any other shooter."