CTF Orangefort v2

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by BlueAndGray, Mar 2, 2012.

1. BlueAndGray

BlueAndGray L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Have you ever waited for a CTF edition of the orange series? Well here you go! This map features 1 tower in each base, and a big tower in the middle. Screenshots will be uploaded as available.

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Just as a heads up, people have a "thing" for orange maps here. It'll either be good, or bad. Don't think there will be any in-between.

3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    To be frank? No.

• Thanks Thanks x 14
  4. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Unless you plan to move on from Orange maps to actual maps, you may come to clash with some of the veterans of this site. TF2Maps.net has higher standards when it comes to quality than other sites such as Gamebanana, and Orange maps don't meet those standards, since Orange maps serve little purpose other than turning TF2 into any other shooter. If you do plan on improving the quality of your map from Orange to TF2, we'll be happy to guide you along. If not, you may end up like this guy...

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    i'd rather not collect more infractions so ill be nice this time. now where to begin....

why are there big huge buildings full of nothing? and even more inacessible areas behind windows that are also full of nothing? Why is there also no lights? Orange X is a horrible horrible map but at least the author bothered to run vrad.

my advice to you, right now, is to read the threads in the Tutorials forum. If you only read one topic there at least read one about basic layout theory.

and also to repent. repent from your sins as an orange mapper.

6. BlueAndGray

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, I'm just a new mapper; I kind of didn't get enough ideas from other people. I might just go ahead and make a thread for making another map. :/

7. BlueAndGray

Positive Ratings:
    Well, what should I add to the map? Gimme ideas :p

8. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    It is Orange X, i am not sure if you can make it better without making new map from scratch.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  9. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    you should add screenshots to thread, first and foremost.

10. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Now that's not very nice. TF2 on an Orange X clone is way worse than "any other shooter."