CP orange_x3_fix9

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Code:
Used to be the map of a cp_orange server hosted by "Prof. Dr. Flo".
The server is now down (for ever) and i got the permission to upload the map anywhere i want.
The map is a modified version of cp_orange_x3 made by "Prof. Dr. Flo" and me.
The "admin-room" is somewhere underneath the RED spawn. Feel free to do with the map whatever you want. I recommend using this one instead of the normal/old/unmodified version.

Fuck what I said the server is alive again. Nobody can have this map anymore.

Last edited:

TheClaudioAmericano

L1: Registered
Mar 27, 2013
I get the feeling this is going to be taken down for your simple statement: "this never really was mine and its never gonna be."

TheClaudioAmericano

L1: Registered
Mar 27, 2013
"and i got the permission to upload the map anywhere i want." You could give some sorta proof of that.
And if I need to be honest, I never liked the cp_orange maps but if I had to choose one it would always be the original x3.

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
"Prof. Dr. Flo" desnt care about this map anymore. he orignaly started with the "fix#" stuff and i helped him.
here is "proof": (hint: its german)
ZvEF54Z.png

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
I trust that I speak for the whole TF2Maps.net community when I say that Orange_x3 has been one of our biggest, nay, the biggest source of learning and inspiration.

Designing a balanced map, where the various skillsets of the different classes are accounted for in a way that makes everyone useful but puts no one at an unfair advantage is an incredibly difficult task. The elegance with which Orange achieves this - as evidenced by its unrivaled status as the go-to map for competitive Highlander and 6vs6 matches - has made it the object of careful study for any mapper with the least bit of ambition.

If there is one thing more impressive about the map than the finely tuned balance of the layout, though, I'd say it's the detailing. The esthetics of the map perfectly captures the essence of vanilla TF2's visual style, and the subtle use of texture changes, props, lighting and soundscapes does a brilliant job of giving players an intuitive understanding of the playing field.

I sincerely and wholeheartedly thank you for uploading this woefully underappreciated map, partly so that we may give it the praise and recognition that it deserves, and partly so that we may download it for ourselves and study the exquisite craftmanship behind it in detail.

T

The Asylum

I trust that I speak for the whole TF2Maps.net community when I say that Orange_x3 has been one of our biggest, nay, the biggest source of learning and inspiration.

In the same sense that the Leaning Tower of Pisa is the biggest source of learning and inspiration for aspiring architects of what NOT to do.