CP orange_shortcut

possiblylethal

L1: Registered
Nov 14, 2010
Hello!

This is 5cp orange (dev textured) symmetrical map featuring many side routes (shortcuts). This was roughly a 3 month project and was originally designed by my partner in crime, Endgamer31 and everything else by me.

Endgamer31 came to the tf2maps.net forums to ask if any map maker would help him bring a map to tf2 and i agreed to help. I had never released a map before but had been playing around with hammer on and off over a few years and wanted to try my hand at a hobby I liked. If anyone else wants to play around with Hammer with Endgamer31 and I, you can contact us best through steam!

Huge thanks to Team Vipers. They encouraged us the whole way and lent their time and servers helping us play test!

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Endgamer31

Jun 22, 2011
At the moment probably not as we are moving on to another map idea at the moment. if the community in general really likes the map though and we get it to a point where we are super happy and everyone wants it then we may come back and do an art pass. but for the moment probably an no. Amiright Lethal?

possiblylethal

Nov 14, 2010
If the map is fun, and it plays good, why not texture it. I think it would attract more players and server owners rather than orange maps.

While true, I am excited for future projects that we have planned. I might put this on an upcoming game day and if the feedback is good it could motivate me to texture it.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
You should enter this in a gamday. It looks quite fun to play, with its interesting geometry and layout.

Though for capture point B, the point cap and hologram should ideally be in the center of the capture zone, not in the corner. The capture zone also looks rather small.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
i ran through it and on top of having a nontraditional gamemode, the layout is really confusing. i think it either has one too many routes orroutes are too hard to find and the map might need to be opened up. it's really hard to find the cp's. every point is in some building or some other hard to reach area. i really like the geometry and the last point though.

you should really get the capture point letters on the hud like gpit does.

Last edited:

possiblylethal

Nov 14, 2010
i ran through it and on top of having a nontraditional gamemode

Non traditional gamemode?

the layout is really confusing. [snip] the map might need to be opened up.

Tons of this kind of feedback. We scaled the map down to try and help with that but it still overwhelms players. Opening the map is a great suggestion! I can already see what you mean and where I could start working on that.

you should really get the capture point letters on the hud like gpit does.

You know Endgamer31 suggested i do that a while back and I couldent get the material to stop flickering on the hud. I will go back and re-read the tutorials and get that to work.

Thanks for the feedback and your time!

Oct 6, 2008
I love it!!

Schrikvis

Aug 3, 2011
The bots absolutely love it!