Opinion on MvM map layout

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by CaptainDefect, May 29, 2013.

1. CaptainDefect

CaptainDefect L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Overview of an MvM map I'm planning to make. Wanted your guys' opinion of the layout first. I don't really show the spawns on the paper, but they're just a little bit back of the hatch. I apologize if it's difficult to read, I did my best to make my handwriting more clear.
    [​IMG]
    Any and all suggestions/questions are appreciated.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    It's hard to tell height from that, it'll probably be best to just block it out then post screenshots. Also you can use [​IMG]

3. CaptainDefect

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, the preview didn't resize it so I figured... Anyways, I actually have most of it nailed.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    That looks 1.5x as big as it should be. For example, in the last screenshot, I'd make the playable area probably as wide as the distance from the left of the left bridge to the right of the right bridge. The bridge in the first two pictures is also very long and the area under it is very open (and what's with the corrugated metal in the support?); scale the whole map down like 1.5 times (no this does not mean press ctrl-m, click scale, and put 0.66 in every box - redo it manually).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. CaptainDefect

Positive Ratings:
    I had an idea that the metal might make a decent place for soldiers. Didn't work out that way, I keep forgetting to remove it. Wouldn't making the playable area about the distance from the two smaller bridges make the map /too/ small?