Opinion on MvM map layout

CaptainDefect

L1: Registered
May 29, 2013
Overview of an MvM map I'm planning to make. Wanted your guys' opinion of the layout first. I don't really show the spawns on the paper, but they're just a little bit back of the hatch. I apologize if it's difficult to read, I did my best to make my handwriting more clear.
qfqXfAS.jpg

Any and all suggestions/questions are appreciated.

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
It's hard to tell height from that, it'll probably be best to just block it out then post screenshots. Also you can use

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
That looks 1.5x as big as it should be. For example, in the last screenshot, I'd make the playable area probably as wide as the distance from the left of the left bridge to the right of the right bridge. The bridge in the first two pictures is also very long and the area under it is very open (and what's with the corrugated metal in the support?); scale the whole map down like 1.5 times (no this does not mean press ctrl-m, click scale, and put 0.66 in every box - redo it manually).

CaptainDefect

L1: Registered
May 29, 2013
I had an idea that the metal might make a decent place for soldiers. Didn't work out that way, I keep forgetting to remove it. Wouldn't making the playable area about the distance from the two smaller bridges make the map /too/ small?