[OPEN] Trashcan's Dumpster fire of maps.

Tango

Sauce Copter Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2017
I've made lots of map that never went anywhere, you are free to use them.

Please feel free to use them. HOWEVER Please do the following:

1. Comment on this thread which map your adopting (Please tell me the way you're crediting me)
  2. Credit for the map can be achieved through multiple ways. It doesn't need to be big.
  3. You can rename the map. (If you'd like)
koth_canel Sorry I am reusing the map now
(vmf)

20170923171634_1-jpg.63866

Direction: Was supposed to be a map very similar to viaduct, having the control point being recapped and players always in the action was the goal.

Flaws: The non mid areas are very boring and need work. Its also very cramped and can be very one sided at times.

Advantages: All the players are flowed in a similar path and can be easily manipulated, making unreleased a3 done in 3 and a half hours.

cp_oil_mountain
(vmf)

Direction: I was looked at a gas station, and thought "Huh, that could be cool." and worked from there. wanted to make an open map with lots of different ways to play. I also experimented being able to flank through mid.

Flaws: Many of the routes where pointless and the last point was rarely defended or cared about. And I tried to break up the stalemate problems by adding a fixed time limit, that only lead to more stalemates. Has messy brushwork.

Advantages: Really easy to alter and the big open layout allowed huge freedom to modify the area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

koth_iceberg
(vmf)
20170524192601_1-jpg.49305

Direction: The first and probably worst map I've will ever make. This terrible map was fueled by a lack of sleep and a terrible sunburn I got from not bringing sunscreen to a sporting event. (I had no idea what i was doing, nothing at all)

Flaws: The map was pretty alright, yeah until you noticed I had no consistent brush size instead of making brushes I copied them from a brush with a edge cut into it. nothing is straight and it was just a mess.

Advantages: It really had none, Like at all the best part of it was either the spawn room or the mid building. (ill add a separate vmf of the reconstructed mid {later})

More maps on way.

Last edited:

Tango

Sauce Copter Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2017
add downloads for vmf's cos nobody want to decompile a map
Opp sorry!

EDIT: Done as of Friday 13, 9:43 US/CAD mountain time

Last edited:

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
Idk if this is a necro or not, but, I will take oil_mountain and try to fix the layout