Only 1 month donations?

Apr 19, 2009
With my membership expiring in only 6 days I wanted to extend it. However, the only option is for 1 month and I remember there being an option for more than that. Whats going on? :confused:

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Left over from our $1/month special. We'll get that fixed for ya :)

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Yea, we will be extending to 3,6 and 12. just need to figure out what kind of discounts to give for longer. ive been meaning to do it but always forget. ill be sure to get it some time this weekend.

Gaw

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 21, 2009
1 month: $3.99
3 month: $9.99
6 month: $19.99
12 month: $29.99

I think they are fair prices.

Sebhael

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2009
Any idea when this will be implemented? Cause I would like to subscribe right now, but I don't want to deal with paying every month :/

Gaw

Apr 21, 2009
$3.99 = 1 month

$3.99 x 3 = $11.97 - $2 = $9.97
$9.97 = 3 months - Saving of $2

$9.97 x 2 = $19.94 - $4.50 = $15.44
$15.44 = 6 months - Saving of $4.50

$15.44 x 2 = $30.88 - $10 = $20.88
$20.88 = 1 year - Saving of $10

This rewards people for buying more, by a bigger saving.

By buying 3 month, you just save $2, so that equals out the rate at which you save is 66c.

By buying 6 month, you get the saving of 66c x6 and then a further saving of 50c for buying alot.

By buying a year, you get the saving of 66c x12 and then a further saving of 50c from the 6 month, and an additional $1.

Therefore, you save more for buying more. This is perfect math and you should choose the prices. Maybe rounding them off a small bit in the process, but try to reduce all of them by the same amount :closedeyes:

I just spent 30 minutes writing all that and doing the calculations in notepad :bored: you better gimmah 1 month free if you use those prices ;)

Ganonmaster

L1: Registered
Nov 25, 2008
It's supposed to be a donation to an initiative you support. Companies like Last.FM and Rapidshare give such 'discounts' to make more money. I don't think making money is the point of TF2Maps.net. It's about having a place where people with similar interests and hobbies come together and share their knowledge, resources and experiences on a subject, in this case mapping for Team Fortress 2. If you feel like this place deserves to be here, then donate to support the people who run it. What other reason is there to donate? Exclusive features for people who donated are more like a sign of appreciation from the admins.

Also, I just donated yesterday. What extra features did I get? :3

Gaw

Apr 21, 2009
Yes, but if there was an incentive for buying more than 1 month, people would most likely do it, = more money for TF2maps :)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It's supposed to be a donation to an initiative you support. Companies like Last.FM and Rapidshare give such 'discounts' to make more money. I don't think making money is the point of TF2Maps.net. It's about having a place where people with similar interests and hobbies come together and share their knowledge, resources and experiences on a subject, in this case mapping for Team Fortress 2. If you feel like this place deserves to be here, then donate to support the people who run it. What other reason is there to donate? Exclusive features for people who donated are more like a sign of appreciation from the admins.

You get to post blogs to your TF2maps account (unless they meade this available to everyone already).

You now have access to VIP forum area.

If you post your Steam ID into the server admin thread in the VIP section they will grant you admin privilages in the TF2maps server(s).

A green name.

The banner with the name.

You can edit your "title" under your name.

Bigger avatar attributes.

Bigger signature attributes.

I can't remember if there is anything else.

edit: i think they re-allowed upload capabilities to the server for your maps to be tested on non-gameday days.

Last edited:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007

the site has never been here to make a profit.
i know ill probably get in trouble for saying this, but the site currently doesnt pay for itself, so the rest is covered by me and some funds from another admin.

Gaw

Apr 21, 2009
That's what I was trying to say, I mean it would be near impossibile to actually make money on a website similiar to this, the download traffic is very very high.

So you should do this, you help the forum and you get extra features.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I think there needs to be more incentives to donate.

Like what? If you have any other ideas, I would genuinely love to hear them. Donors get massive site perks, and the main feature of direct server upload + mod access. What else is there?

Gaw

Apr 21, 2009
Actually, I was looking at the currently available ad spaces; I couldn't make head nor tails of them, do you have any examples? I think you should put examples there.

May 23, 2009
Just add more months dontation already, my subscription runs out tomorrow and I want to re-buy, but I don't want to have to re-buy every month. I don't mind if its no cheaper to buy 6/12 months at once than that many separately, I just don't want to have to re-pay every month.