One Way Doors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Three Million, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Three Million

Three Million L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I am working on a map that should have a one way door, kind of like the one way doors that can be found on Dustbowl. However the door can be activated from both sides, even if I do scoot the trigger_multiple and the func_door waay back away from said door. Is there any way of doing this? I looked at the cp_dustbowl map to see how Valve did it, however they (somehow) did the same thing and used a trigger_multiple hooked with a func_door to control the door prop. But yet somehow the door is still only one way.

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Keep the func_door in the same location, only move the trigger_multiple back. Make sure it's not z-fighting with the func_door brush, that can activate it too some times.

Also, the ABS pack has one-way doors as well. Take a look on it's done in there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Three Million

Positive Ratings:
    I had no idea about that, thanks for the tip!

4. ZeSpice

ZeSpice L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    And don't forget about OnTouch flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    If you give the func_door the 'invisible' toolbrush and set its render mode to Normal, you should be able to stop players from opening doors from the wrong side without needing to have any off-grid brushes.

6. BenCo

BenCo L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think boojum snark included a prefab if you still have problem and you use boojum snark's mapping resource pack.

7. Three Million

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for all of your feedback and help, leaving a gap between the func_door and the trigger_multiple on the z-axes as well as changeing the func_door to the invisible did help.

I also tied an OnBlockedClosing to the func_door and set the target entity to !activator, but I dont know what the "Via this input" should be. I am trying to have the door destroy any engi buildings that are built in the pathway of the door when it closes.

8. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    IIRC the func_door already does that. If it doesn't, just put a func_nobuild brush around the door.

9. Three Million

Positive Ratings:
    The func_door should but it doesnt. I tested this out using the Force Closed and setting it to True.