one sided windows

Sean of the Dead

L3: Member
Dec 30, 2007
how do you make windows that you can see through on one side, but are solid textures on another?
kinda like on TV shows where they r questioning a suspect, and there's a chalkboard on the wall, but its a window on the other side (or the likes)

this is in the map cp_rooftime_a4, fyi

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
This isn't real time chat where you get a response in under a minute... wow you sure are impatient :p
You don't really need to do anything fancy. Just put a translucent material on one side and an opaque one on the other.

Sean of the Dead

L3: Member
Dec 30, 2007
This isn't real time chat where you get a response in under a minute... wow you sure are impatient :p
You don't really need to do anything fancy. Just put a translucent material on one side and an opaque one on the other.

can't, if i try to do one side, it puts it on the whole object :(

and, i wated over 20 mins, not 1 :p

G

Gonzales

In order to select just one side of a brush, your first have to select "toggle texture application." Once that window is open, make sure that the mode is set to "lift and select." Now you should be able to select individual faces. In order to create a one way window, select the face that you want people to be able to see through, then find a translucent glass texture, and click "apply" to apply it to that face. Then put an opaque texture on the opposite face.

P

Primesghost

I know I'm ressurecting a dead thread (which can be frowned on in some cases) but I felt I had to reply to this.

I started working on learning to map for TF2 this weekend and was working through a particularly vague tutorial on creating a spawn room for TF2. In the instructions it simply said to paint one side of a brush with such-and-such with no explanation of how this is done. After much searching google finally brought me to this thread. It was exactly what I needed (with pics to boot) and I noticed that the original poster never responded after the answer was given so I decided to register and reply.

Let me just say thank you, this was exactly what I needed to paint single sides of a brush. I've bookmarked this site and you can look forward to many more questions from me in the future :)

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
Welcome to the forums, Primesghost! Glad this thread helped you out. TF2Maps is a great community that's generally extremely friendly and helpful. Happy to have you with us.