One more problem.

YouMustDestroy

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2009
Well, I posted earlier today about getting my textures to work, but that's not the problem now.

I sketched out a CP map I'm going to make, but first I wanted to make a test map to get used to everything. So I did just that and compiled it correctly. I went in-game and went to "Create a server" to test it out. Loaded correctly and played in it. But there was a major problem, and I don't know what it is. I knew it seemed too good to be true, to do everything right the first time. :p

Here are screenshots of the problem:

24q5qv4.jpg

287e5x.jpg

m962q8.jpg

Hope those help.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
not sure what your exact problem is as i can see quite a few.

1. your clips are showing
2. your timer
3. purple checked boxes on your scope
4. did you spawn under your map?

YouMustDestroy

Jun 23, 2009
What do you mean "clips"?

I set my timer as that so I don't have to worry about the map ending. Yes, I know I could have made it like, 2 hours but whatever.

I noticed the checkers in my scope as well, but I think that that is viewing the part of the sky box while unscoped, viewing the part of the skybox that isn't initially supposed to show in a closed in map with no ceiling.

And yes, I spawned under my map.

At least I think I did. I spawned under the first and initial building (red spawn), but the thing is... that building is initially 2 stories and that's supposed to be the first story, even if that has no point in the map except to be there (I was testing out to see if I could make a second story successfully and ended up working from there).

TracerDX

L3: Member
Jun 9, 2009
The trigger tool texture does render if not tied to an invisible entity. (The yellow stuff)

The purpleness is caused by a lack of cubemaps (I'm guessing you didn't build them and its not an issue at this point).

"Clips" typically refers to the tools/toolsclip and toolsplayerclip brushes that create invisible barriers.

You didn't spawn correctly because you don't have valid spawnpoints. If you placed them, you put them too close to the floor. (You would see something like "Invalid Spawnpoint" in the console) Without valid spawns, you will spawn at the map origin (0,0,0).

YouMustDestroy

Jun 23, 2009
When I placed the 12 player spawn entities, I placed them one square (on the grid) higher than the ground is placed.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
When I placed the 12 player spawn entities, I placed them one square (on the grid) higher than the ground is placed.

Should be at least 8. Did you even check the console when you started your map? -.-

YouMustDestroy

Jun 23, 2009
I'm going to use this topic I made for questions I have, to save space.

I've decided to work on the CP map I sketched and I've successfully created two spawns, two hallways and the basic stuff. But I decided it was time to work on making it so opposing teams cannot enter the other team's spawn. I've created a brush-based entity, gave it tools/toolsnodraw and etc.

Except, in this tutorial, it says to select the side of the brush-based entity that faces the outside of the spawn room. The problem is, I cannot select that part of the brush-based entity no matter what I do.

Maybe I've done something wrong?

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Use the Texture applicator. Same tool that makes displacements.