One final laugh from Spore.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grazr, May 6, 2009.

1. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I never did get around to purchasing the game. I got too pissed off with the crashes and reloads doing the final campaign stage on my friends computer i decided i didn't want to waste my time. The fun seemed to be in the evolution of your creature anyway, despite how each evolutionary stage was made completely redundant in the next. I love space and sci-fi and maybe i'm missing some fun things in the space stage as i never got around to getting that far (Maybe 10 systems or something) Besides, by this time i had most of my upgrades, things got progressively easier while it took progressively longer to get anything done whilst i was saving every single damn planet that suddenly relied on my tiny space ship to make sure they didn't mass extinct themselves.

Here.. is a moderate gem of interest to all you nerds.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhM18WYZuVs&feature=related"]YouTube - Peanut Butter Jelly Time[/ame]

2. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    I will be sending you a bill for 28 seconds of my life in the near future. [​IMG]

Also yeah, game was ok, but the sheer amount of crashes I got, and lack of any autosave features, forcing me to replay 50 minutes of gameplay because the shit fucked up just before I won was not fun in the least.

3. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    I never had trouble with crashing of the game, however..

Playing one hour of space or 4000 hours of space it was all the same. redundant.

4. StoneFrog

StoneFrog L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Makes me glad I never bought it. I always saw it as a bunch of casual games merged into a linear and even bigger casual game...

5. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Spore was less of a sandbox game and more of a "omfg every planet is attacking me". I shouldn't have wasted 8 hours evolving just for a headache...