OMG - Framerate has dropped due to LERP?

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

Not sure what's going on.

Converting my map over from night time to day and the frame rate has gone from 290 down to 10!

WTF is with that?

I think something has happened with my LERP (have no idea what it is) but it's yellow and at 100.00 ms.

I've tried a lot of different maps on my machine now and all maps are effected by this dramatic whatever it is.

Can anyone explain what LERP is and how to fix it if this is the cause for it running slowly?

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Lerp is shorthand for linear interpolation. It refers to different things in different contexts but basically means "let's get this variable from one value to the next...linearly." I assume you are seeing this on net_graph, so that's weird.

What does +showbudget say?

Oct 6, 2008
Here's the info - I'm noticing some wild spikes in the networking form 3 to the very top.

I just installed stronghold yesterday - which did the installation of gamespy stuff - don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'm also noticing a dull roaring sound that was never there before and yet my other sounds seem to be working fine - I'm just going through the sounds now those if somethings up with them.

cashlerp.jpg

goldlerp1.jpg

goldlerp-2.jpg

goldnightlerp.jpg

Last edited:

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
every netgraph shows your fps at 10
I am confuse o_o

Oct 6, 2008
I think it was gamespy fucking up my machine - I removed all the ones I installed (and their software that went with it). My LERP is now a white 100 ms and my framerate is back to 290.

thanks!

Oct 6, 2008
Hmm - thought I nialed the issue but it returned last night for a while.

Any ideas on where I would look for the cause?

I also had some videos issues last night in hammer and the day before- ie. open up the properties window (or complie window to start a compile) and it would stay blank for a bit or you would see it and then the main hammer display would overright it but you would still see the menu bar for the properties window on the screen and if you clicked the close arrow X it would close the properties window.

I also noticed when opening the textures - in order to select a texture - that I could see some but a big black box would cover up most of them. I think my hammer might be going or needs a reset but the video is working for everything else.

Edit: it may have been my video card drivers - I uninstalled and reinstalled my video card drivers - so far everything's good.

Last edited: