Okay, combining a full PL map with a full MSCP map

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
This may be too much work, but hey; if it works, it works. Anyway with my current map; I am having a first stage, be a full payload track up through a canyon to Red's base. Once Blu gets the payload delivered to the cargo receptical, Red proceeds to defend the control panels in each stage of their base.
(pull cart path -> 3 stage cp) If Red can halt the cart at any stage, the terminals will proceed to disarm the bomb, if Blue can "hack" the terminals, the bomb keeps moving.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
I actually attempted something like this back in April - two stages, where the first is standard payload and the second requires control points to be captured to advance the cart. My entity setup worked, but I could not get the HUD to switch between rounds no matter what I tried (it had to be either PL or CP across both stages). As far as I know, it's still impossible.

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
You could try CP hud, and for the PL hud have it look like PL, but with the points as for CP, then parent the capzones to the cart and kill them off when capped. You might have to fiddle about with the numbers to get the cap and cart speeds to sync up, but it'd be doable

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
I actually attempted something like this back in April - two stages, where the first is standard payload and the second requires control points to be captured to advance the cart. My entity setup worked, but I could not get the HUD to switch between rounds no matter what I tried (it had to be either PL or CP across both stages). As far as I know, it's still impossible.
well, in that case. it could be done, if path is broken up as a MSPL, with the cp points highlighted

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
psssh... I'm not even done enough to fully have a base alpha... i want to finish the pl part first, make that run smoothly, then go and finish the cp part