Ohai There

Dr.HeatSync

L1: Registered
Jun 27, 2012
Hello TF2Maps forums, thank you for having me.

I love level design, having done a few uni projects based around them, although they were in UDK and UT3. I'd really love to make content for TF2 which is why I've joined.

Another reason I've joined is after seeing the Highlander Competition which I'd like to be able to do; not expecting to win necessarily, but because it's got a set deadline and with that in place I find that I work more efficiently. Also because its summer and I need things to do before the 3rd year of uni creeps by.

1 question I do have about that competition or even map threads in general; its the thread you are supposed to make similar to a log, i.e. being expected to post sketches, early map builds, explain my approach, and so on, or is it purely based on map builds (so no sketches, dev notes and the like - the reason I ask this is that some forums have a 'no pre-WIP rule' in which you had to have a demo or your thread would be closed).

Sorry about the long post, and I look forward to being a part of TF2maps.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Welcome!

For maps, you can create a thread (for the contest, post in the contest entries subforum) and you can post whatever you want. Shots from Hammer, Sketches, pre-alpha, WiP, whatever. You don't need to explain your design theory behind the map, but you can if you want.