Oh hell.....Need help now!

Daedryon

L3: Member
Dec 5, 2009
Ok I just uploaded my map to my server.

174.34.133.98:27015

That's my server IP

Whenever I, or someone else dies, the minute the "has bid farewell" message pops up, the server auto-disconnects me. It gives me the "Connection problem. Auto-disconnect in <##> seconds"

I've contacted the host of my server at Fragfestgamers.com about this issue before, but this is just nuts because I just made this map, brand new, and it's giving me this problem.

Why is my map causing me to be disconnected?!

I need to fix this big time.

If need be, I will upload my VMF file for the map and PM whoever can fix it the link.

Daedryon

Dec 5, 2009
Oh, the reason I contacted my server host before was because the last map I attempted to make had this problem.

For some reason, I think the problem might be caused by the Skybox, but I'm not sure.

None of the maps I've attempted to make before, without skyboxes, had this problem.

EDIT: Going to bed. I've got 2 final exams tomorrow at college, so I won't be on until around either 8 hours from the time of this post (when I wake up to check my email), or until around 12 hours from now (after exams)

Last edited:

Daedryon

Dec 5, 2009
Also, before I forget, I found 2 BSP files of the same name, same last edit date.

One had every first letter capitalized, the other didn't.

Don't know if that makes a difference.

EDIT2: Wait, just read something interesting that might solve my problem.

I decided not to go to bed yet, and instead, read up on some problems:

16. No Spectator Cameras

It's fairly obvious when there are no spectator camers as, after loading the map, players will be viewing the map from the default 0 0 0 coordinate, which may create an odd viewing angle. Before putting your map on a public server, make sure it has at least one spectator camera (info_observer_point) entity in it. Not having any cameras in the map may crash a dedicated server running it when all the players on a team die, leaving no teammates to spectate. This happens because the server is trying to force the dead player to spectate something that doesn't exist. When you do add an "info_observer_point", make sure to aim it at a common battle area inside the map and not at a wall or inside a spawnroom.

I dont have any of these points.

I'll add some and let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Daedryon

Dec 5, 2009
Lock this please. It turns out that my problems all along were my lack of Spectator cameras >.>