Oh hell.....Need help now!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Daedryon, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Daedryon

Daedryon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok I just uploaded my map to my server.

174.34.133.98:27015

That's my server IP

Whenever I, or someone else dies, the minute the "has bid farewell" message pops up, the server auto-disconnects me. It gives me the "Connection problem. Auto-disconnect in <##> seconds"

I've contacted the host of my server at Fragfestgamers.com about this issue before, but this is just nuts because I just made this map, brand new, and it's giving me this problem.

Why is my map causing me to be disconnected?!

I need to fix this big time.

If need be, I will upload my VMF file for the map and PM whoever can fix it the link.

2. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, the reason I contacted my server host before was because the last map I attempted to make had this problem.

For some reason, I think the problem might be caused by the Skybox, but I'm not sure.

None of the maps I've attempted to make before, without skyboxes, had this problem.

EDIT: Going to bed. I've got 2 final exams tomorrow at college, so I won't be on until around either 8 hours from the time of this post (when I wake up to check my email), or until around 12 hours from now (after exams)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  3. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Also, before I forget, I found 2 BSP files of the same name, same last edit date.

One had every first letter capitalized, the other didn't.

Don't know if that makes a difference.

EDIT2: Wait, just read something interesting that might solve my problem.

I decided not to go to bed yet, and instead, read up on some problems:

I dont have any of these points.

I'll add some and let you know how it goes.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. Daedryon

Positive Ratings:
    Lock this please. It turns out that my problems all along were my lack of Spectator cameras >.>