Office

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by c-106mc, Nov 29, 2009.

1. c-106mc

c-106mc L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, so this is my first map with cubemaps. It's also my first map with a functional control point. I have no idea if I did a good job or not, so please feel free to gnash your teeth and throw things at me if you don't like something!

Edit: Due to a conflict of names, the file names will differ from the map name, thanks for pointing that out Nutomic. It would be greatly appreciated if someone of power could change the thread title to suit the new name.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. sohcahtoa

sohcahtoa L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    like the cap in the 3rd pic, very spytechy, but the stairs look very steep.

3. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Name is taken already...

4. c-106mc

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change the file name and whatnot when possible.

Thank you, should I make the stairs ramps instead?

5. sohcahtoa

sohcahtoa L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    i think they're too steep generally. Maybe add platforms between to break up the gradient, and a place for engies or snipers to stand. just a suggestion though, i'm still pretty new to getting the tf2 theme.

6. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    12x8 units is normal for stairs in source, you have like 1:1. Looks bad that way.

7. Smetzle

Smetzle L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks good, but I would stay away from using brightly coloured lights like you have in the last screenshot. Coloured lights should be very subtle, it'll add to the ambience more. I would re-design the stairs - as they are now they don't really look good and would probably be impossible to climb when playerclipped/made into a ramp. I suggest taking a look at Grazr's great article on stairs here.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. c-106mc

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, I've updated the map. After consulting someone, I moved some things around and changed the spawn doors. I also changed the stairs, and fixed some leaks. Also dimmed the colored lights significantly. Anything else wrong or inherently distasteful?

9. c-106mc

Positive Ratings:
    Gameday bump. :x

10. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    That's one big office.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. ANova

ANova L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wasn't there fullbright, Looking in game it looked like it but looking at the screenies it doesn't have fullbright WTF!!!!!

12. c-106mc

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, so after watching the demo (thanks again ABS), I've learned the following:
    -Map looks like it's fullbright
    -Need a better name (current is misleading)
    -Need to expand area for resupply lockers
    -Needs textures

Anything else?

EDIT: After talking with some people, I have learned that the map WAS fullbright, despite the use of Light entities. I need some help with that. I have no idea why it was like that, but I apologize for the horribleness.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009