Odd display issue in hammer

thedutchamn

L1: Registered
Dec 22, 2009
I have never encounter this before until today, but during editing of a new level the 3d view goes to my top and front view as well, then breaks up the pixels. My screen goes black and then i get a box showing up saying my display driver has failed but recovers. My card is a geforce 9800 never went above 47 degrees while the error was occurring (although my memory clock and core clock both spiked at this time). I haven't updated any drivers, it just all of the sudden today started doing this. Any one have an idea or fix? i went ahead and updated my display driver still does it right off the bat, and i even rerolled my drivers back to out of the box still freaks out. It does this on any map, even finished ones where it worked yesterday.... im quite puzzled and i have tried googeling this and nothing. Im about to try uninstall and reinstalling. I have refreshed sdk content as well as reset game config. I included a screen shot of the error in progress. I dont get it, hope reinstall helps, cause at this point it would mean i would be unable to use hammer and would have to go back to UT3 editing which is almost a dead community at this point :( any help would be nice.

thedutchamn

Dec 22, 2009
Oh to add

I should also add when i play a game, any game for hours on end i have no issues. This is a hammer specific problem, my card is fine.

thedutchamn

Dec 22, 2009
what i meant by i hadn't updated was that i hadn't updated today then had an issue. same drivers as yesterday just now wont work. I always keep up to date. Just mean today i booted up and it doesn't work anymore, system is same as before when everything worked.