r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
2015-02-13_00016.jpg

2015-02-13_00018.jpg

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
The new version is B09 and the map info in the thread has been updated and ready for downloads.

cheers.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You've got so many cool custom assets in this, but I don't believe I've ever played it. Has it ever been tested on our server?

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I'm not aware of it being tested or run anywhere outside the Slaughterhouse server. That said, I'd be ecstatic to attend a play test on your servers. Every playtest is valuable :D

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Any time we announce an impromptu test (be sure to join our Steam group!), you can drop in and ask to have the map put on after whatever we already had going on. Or submit it for gameday testing on Saturdays, when the new thread is posted (usually some time on Thursday, and we usually announce that over Steam too).

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Every Imp is sacred!

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Awesome feedback! Thank you!

I'll start refining this down more soon as i get my payload rendered out. It's another map that's gonna challenge a few people.

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
I made them. I just reskinned one of the signs from the Koth_King map. Thanks :)

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
March 21st Version B10

-the sides have been polished and rebuilt; opened up some and the back pathway leads to a mini courtyard now
-the basement has been polished up some and re-lit
-'escape' hatches have been added under the point that drop down into the basement
-more train cars and more polishing on making sure they kill you

Last edited:

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Newest changes: May 17th Version B12

- Changed the sky and lighting to the darker purple harvest event skydome
- As the trains kill a player, the train god will ignite the trains to show his pleasure, for exactly 5 seconds
- His pleasure is purely cosmetic and doesn't make the trains any more or less deadly
- adds more general detail and stains. Love them stains
- tweaked lights and sprite glows to work with the new dusk sky
- changed smoke from smokestacks to a darker purple to work with the sky
- made the trains symmetrical. what does that even mean
- When the train god ignites the trains, you will also be able to hear the sound of a cow

Latest Downloads
koth_octothorpe_b12.zip
koth_octothorpe_b12.bsp.bz2

r13

Train God
Aug 30, 2010
Updates:

Now when the trains hit you, it not only ignites the train, the train will burn anyone that touches it while it is on fire. It's 13 points per tick. it does not cause afterburn. ... yet.

When you get killed, the train will send a signal to one of the skeleton spawners to spawn a skeleton or two. The spawners are located at the altar under the point and in the side tunnels where there is a stalled train.

The skeletons are the usual spawn although there is a ten percent chance each kill that you will spawn a skeleton king. Those only spawn in the lower basements, so watch for the maintenance doors as they will come out of the basement at those points.